Wargaming the Exploration and Colonisation of Tropical Africa by European powers from 1850 until 1918.


Monday 24 January 2011

Zambezi Campaign 6: Rev MacSporran




Apart from the larger units, the Gary Chalk scenarios require a number of characters as well.  Although I am proceeding well on the Naval Brigade I have to go to Turkey this week so won't get them finished until (hopefully) this weekend.  They are nearly done but the collars of the sailors require, in total, 90 very fine white lines and this is taking almost as long as the rest of the painting!




So, in the meantime, I painted the Scottish reverend I need for one of the scenarios.  Chalk calls him Rev McKenzie but I have named mine Angus MacSporran after someone I met once. You wouldn't have thought that such a name could possibly be real but it certainly is!




I think I might give him a wife, as there is a perfect Foundry figure in one of my boxes.  He is a non-combatant so it doesn't matter, from a scenario point of view, if there are two figures rather than one.




The next figures I have based and undercoated are the Sikhs.  You only need six but I got eight in my Foundry pack so will paint them all anyway.

I have also started work on the British standard bearer and I found an extra unpainted British askari who will be the leader of the unit of 14 local levy askaris.

2 comments:

Solo wargaming-on a budget! said...

Excellent work! The sailors are a credit too you. When you finish them you will have acquired the patience of a Tibetan master!

A J said...

Civilian figures do add necessary color to a game, and I have quite a few. I like the Sikhs, and look forward to seeing them painted.